Cultivated from the Nile River for thousands of years, Chicory Root has a long and well-documented history of assisting with liver problems. In fact, documentation exists that ancient Romans used this herb to help cleanse the blood.
Similarly, ancient Egyptians were known to consume Chicory Root in large amounts to aid in purifying the liver and the blood. Especially during periods of scarcity for traditional coffee beans, roasted Chicory Root has served as a natural caffeine-free alternative.
The health benefits of Chicory Root include:
· Contains Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant
· Known for its ability to help prevent jaundice and an enlarged liver when mixed with water and consumed
· Natural sedative and anti-inflammatory for the nervous system
· Helps the body resist liver stones
· Provides the soluble fiber inulin, which feeds digestive flora in the intestines
· The insulin content is not digestible, so its lack of glucose can help promote optimal blood sugar levels while also increasing stool bulk and consistency
· Aids in decreasing the levels of serum LDL cholesterol in the blood
Organic Chicory Root provides inulin to feed the beneficial bacteria of the body. Of more than 30,000 different plant species containing inulin, CR contains the highest concentrations. This friendly flora helps to improve the overall digestive function of the body. Because of Chicory Root’s potential for removing contaminants from the digestive system, the liver does not have to work as hard to filter out toxins that may have escaped into the bloodstream.
Chicory Root can effectively cleanse the body in a number of ways. For example, CR acts as a gentle laxative and diuretic for removing excess water and toxins, and this can also reduce strain on the liver.
By helping to increase the flow of bile, Chicory Root helps the body digest foods and liquids better. With the support of that extra bile to break down fats in the body, Chicory Root can effectively help optimize blood composition. Organic Chicory Root is a valuable herbal supplement for anyone seeking to restore or achieve optimal liver and gallbladder health!
Chicory has been mentioned in the Avicenna’s Cannon of Medicine for detoxification and many other health issues.